The Purifier is an advanced class in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. Fueled by fiery wrath, you can leave your foes burned to a crisp. Here’s our Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Purifier class guide to help you with the best skills and loadouts for this unit.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Purifier class guide
To be clear, there are some overlaps among the classes in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. As such, we won’t discuss every single perk in the skill tree. Instead, we’ll simply talk about the core abilities and ideal picks for the Purifier.
- Purifier class – Can equip the Psycannon, Psilencer, or Incinerator; immune to all damage from environmental hazards.
- Preferred talent roll 1: Eagle Eye – +10% ranged crit chance.
- Preferred talent roll 2: Provident – +1 ammo for ranged weapons.
- Upgrade: Purge – Force Strike gains Purge (removes a target’s mutations).
- Upgrade: Resistance – +25% resistance.
- Willpower – +2 max WP.
- Willpower – +2 max WP.
- Incinerator Discipline
- Vengeance – Gain +1 AP whenever you kill three enemies or more in a single attack.
- Upgrade: Range – Incinerator gains +1 range.
- Upgrade: Damage – Incinerator gains +1 damage.
- Upgrade: Arc – Incinerator gains +10 arc.
- Flames of Purity Discipline – Spread attack with 70 arc and 6 range; 6 damage; depletes all ammo.
- Upgrade: Knockback – Pushes affected targets away.
- Upgrade: Blinded – Afflicted targets deal -2 damage with ranged attacks.
- Upgrade: Damage – +1 damage per ammo.
- Astral Aim Discipline
- Astral Aim – Shoot a target within 5 range to deal 5 damage; 100% crit; if this ability crits, choose to destroy a target’s body part.
- Rapid Reload – When your ammo reaches zero, you have a 50% chance to reload automatically.
- Optional: Cleansing Flame Discipline
- Cleansing Flame – Target a 3×3 area within 10 range; 100% chance to afflict burning status; 50% chance to purge all mutations.
- Warp Charge – +50% chance to purge all mutations.
- Eternal Flame – All flame afflictions become permanent.
- Optional: Melee Weapons
- Upgrade: Crit – Melee weapons gain +10% crit.
- Upgrade: Afflict – Melee weapons gain +15% to any affliction.
- Optional: Conflagration Discipline
- Unstoppable Conflagration – When using any psychic ability, gain +1 damage until the next turn (stacks up to three times).
Preferred loadout and battlefield role
- Weapons – Any Incinerator weapon with high damage or bonus ammo.
- Armor – N/A.
- Wargear – Any item that adds a bonus to ranged damage/crit or ammo.
The Purifier class in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is a bit clunky to use. Yes, the flame affliction tends to remove the mutations (i.e., buffs) of hostiles. However, this pales in comparison to classes like the Chaplain (team-wide buffs), Librarian (team teleport/quick stun), and Interceptor (teleport and crit).
Ideally, you’ll want to use the increased damage per ammo in conjunction with your Incinerator’s Flames of Purity. If you can get Rapid Reload to proc, then you have a shot at doing an additional flame spread. There’s also the Unstoppable Conflagration proc that you can try out, though it does require you to cast psychic abilities. If you can maximize certain skills, then this can work in your favor.
Lastly, the Purifier class in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters does have access to Hammerhand, but it’s on the opposite side of the skill tree. You might be better off with Astral Aim (which is closer to the Incinerator boosts), though you won’t be able to do an execution due to the lack of a melee weapon.